Friday, December 12, 2008

Quit Your Whining!

This week, I hereby designated our house a "NWZ". This stands for "No Whining Zone." Peanut and Jelly Bean have decided that even when there is nothing to be upset about, they will whine and fuss. They could be smiling and still whining at the same. It is getting under my skin...but thought I would give it a whirl once and see if it made me feel better. And since it isn't socially appropriate or legal for that matter for me to stand in the middle of the grocery store and have a tantrum, I am going to have a blog tantrum...

Wahh! I have to get out of bed because Peanut and Jelly Bean are up and are yelling, "Mommy!" I want to change my name! Wahh! I have to change two sets of diapers, change their clothes and carry them downstairs for breakfast. Booo-Hoooo!! They actually want to eat breakfast, why can't they fix it themselves? How hard is it to pour some milk and grab the cereal...why do I have to do it? I want to go back to bed....wahhhh....

Sniffle-sniffle...I just want to drink a cup of coffee and relax for a bit before I start my day...but instead I am re-filling sippy cups, making sure that little girls are playing nice and trying to teach them something constructive for the day....

Everyone is settled for now...I could relax now, but I should really do some work...wahhh!!!

I finally get to put in some work and then a poop cloud hits the room. Wahh!! I have to change a poopy diaper....

...WAHH! I just put away the diaper supplies and 5 minutes later, the other girl has a poopy diaper...

Booo-Hooo! Life is so unfair! I have to feed them lunch now...they have to eat again? Wahh!!

Nap time...my time...but wait, no it isn't my time. It is work if I can, then dishes, laundry, sweeping, moping, picking up to do. WAH!!

Give me two hours to get some stuff done...please...I need that time...but wait! Peanut wakes up only after an hour...I try to sneak out of the room with her, but then Jelly Bean wakes up immediately and gets mad because I am leaving her behind....sobbing...

More diaper changes, sippy cups, playing, watching Noggin....wahh! Why can't we ever watch what I want to watch on TV? WAAAAH!!

Now it is time to make dinner, there is nothing to fix....boo hooo...figure out something while girls are occupied by Noggin...the song on Wow Wow Wubzy drives me crazy! Wah!

Dinner is okay, but the girls won't touch it....sniffle sniffle...

While the girls are eating, I make myself a plate and eat wishing that twindada was already home and we were eating together, but he has an hour and a half commute, so that isn't going to happen...boo hooo...

Time to wash dishes, twindada arrives home safely, eats his own dinner and plays with the girls while I clean up the kitchen...once I am finished with the kitchen, I go to run bathwater for the girls. I have to give them baths now! WAH!!

The crazy little girls are splashing me with water. Wah!

Their clean sleepers are downstairs in the dryer...wah!

Finally get them to sleep...whew...

I can finally relax. No wait, I still have more work to do. I will be up late. And then I can sleep for a little bit and do it all over again the next day. WAHH!

Wow, I kind of feel better...maybe I should have that tantrum in the middle of the grocery store...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

People might look at you kinda funny if you tanturm in the middle of the grocery store! lol My mom use to walk up to me while i was throwing a fit in the store and yell very loudly.. "WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS" LOL

twinmamabee said...

Yeah, they would probably look at me funny while someone was calling the police!

That is funny what your mom used to do, Sabrae! I might have to try that if the girls ever do that.

JenEverAfter said...

Throw a tantrum in front of the girls and see what happens! I bet they'd be HORRIFIED!

Helene said...

Could you imagine the looks on their faces if you had through a huge tantrum in front of them??!! Sometimes when Cole and Bella are really whiny, I'll imitate them so they can see how silly they sound and they always laugh.

I had to laugh when I read the one part about trying to sneak out of the room with one baby while the other baby is still napping, only to have the sleeping baby wake up as you tip-toe out!! UGH!!! That happens to me every single time!!!

JenEverAfter said...

Guess what? This post was recognized for Mommy of the Year! Head on over to http://happilyeverafterland.typepad.com to check it out!
(not that you didn't know that part already!)

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that one.