Friday, June 22, 2012

Where Does the Day Go?

I am very ambitious. I can set out each morning with a list in hand ready to scratch everything off of it. I imagine that I can get a ton of work done for my job, I can entertain and stimulate the children with activities and meaningful memories that will last them a lifetime, and I can accomplish all the housework and errands that need to be done.

What? Isn't there 40 hours in a day? That's okay, I just need six more hours. That should do it.

Seriously, folks, I cannot begin to tell you where the day goes. I sit down to work in the mornings while the girls play and the baby naps. Check. When my work hours are over, I prepare lunch for everyone. Check.

Suddenly, the rest of the afternoon is a blur. I might actually black out. I am not sure.

From the hours of 1pm to 5pm, I literally think my life is like that movie, Click, starring Adam Sandler. Someone has a remote control of my life and they hit fast forward every afternoon.

By the time my husband comes home from work, there is still laundry to fold, dinner is still not ready, and that list sits with only a few scratches to show for. (Luckily he doesn't judge as he has recognized that going to work is far easier than wrangling three little girls all day.)

I need a new strategy, but I am afraid to say that I don't have time to figure one out.

Please, somebody remove the batteries from the remote!

No comments: