Monday, February 2, 2009

This post is part of a series titled "Twinmama's Lifestyle Challenge". For more information about how the challenge works, please visit related links here and here.

Week Four: How Did It Go?

Yet another crazy week, but things are starting to get into a new routine. Twindada was laid off from his job early in January, so we are adjusting to everyone at home. It has been good to have him close because I was tired of the 3+ hours round trip commute he was making everyday. The girls have enjoyed having him at home, too. I worked this week on trying to identify the best times to get the girls' attention so we could read books. At almost two years old, they have a lot energy, a little stubborness and compete for my attention, so sitting quietly with one girl to read has proven to be a challenge. This week, I am going to start a routine of reading to them before naptime and bedtime and see how that works.

Week Five...cue Mission: Impossible music...

Category?: Personal/Family

What?: Eliminate a stressor! I will identify something that makes me feel stressed, overwhelmed or frustrated and work on ways to improve it in my life.

Why?:
Stress is a nasty little thing that corrodes our physical and mental well being as well as causes strife in our relationships.

How Do We Go About Doing the Challenge?: Like most people, I have some things that just make me crazy. I will pick one and concentrate on fixing it. Instead of being on the defensive, I will go to the source of the problem. I will pick something that I have the ability to control or cause change.

Who Does the Challenge Include?: Me.

Resources to Help:

http://www.stressbook.com/eliminating_stress.shtml

TLC Weekly Challenges start on Mondays and continue indefinitely. I will post my results along with the following challenge next Sunday. Remember, you are invited to participate in my weekly challenge or create your own and tell me about it! Also, if you find better ways to accomplish a weekly challenge, please drop me a comment. Good luck, fellow TLC-ers!

1 comment:

glitzen said...

Good one to pick! Its the silliest thing, but we have two phones that have weak batteries and die constantly in the middle of a phone call. We run around trying not to drop the call, and find a working phone. Its so stressful! Well my dear friend bought us a whole new phone system for Christmas, with THREE handsets! So thoughtful. Even a little bit less stress is a winner, huh??? Love my new phones...