Sunday, February 22, 2009

This post is part of a series titled "Twinmama's Lifestyle Challenge". For more information about how the challenge works, please visit related links here and here.

Week Seven: How Did It Go?

After discussing my schedule with twindada, we have decided that it would be best for me to work in my running schedule in the morning if possible. Of course this week it has been bitter cold again, so running in the wee hours with the coaches (my twin girls) is not a good idea. We got out a couple times when the temperature was a little warmer and it was a great time for all. I will continue to work on the best schedule so that I can spend time alone running and bringing along my coaches for moral support.

This week I was also given a specific person to pray for, so I have added this person to my prayer requests.

Week Eight...cue Mission: Impossible music...

Category?: Personal/Family

What?: Put chores in perspective. I will time how long it takes to perform certain tasks around the house so when I am dreading doing something, I can have an idea how long it will really take to get it done.

Why?: Procrastination is a big problem for me. I will put off doing certain chores and while the task stays unfinished, the stress builds around it. It is far easier to do many of the tasks around our house and just get them done than it is to pine over doing it. (15 minutes to fold the laundry or frustration trying to go through the basket to find that specific article of clothing I just have to wear and I can't find it and I have to leave in five minutes...)


How Do We Go About Doing the Challenge?: I will think about the various chores I have on a daily or weekly basis and when I do them next, I will note the time and jot it down on a notepad. Next time I have to do this chore, I can look at the amount of time that it will take to perform this task and remind myself that it is a small piece of time in my day as opposed to the stress it could have on my entire day.

Who Does the Challenge Include?: Me!

Resources to Help:

http://www.suite101.com/blog/joni188/1505

TLC Weekly Challenges start on Mondays and continue indefinitely. I will post my results along with the following challenge next Sunday. Remember, you are invited to participate in my weekly challenge or create your own and tell me about it! Also, if you find better ways to accomplish a weekly challenge, please drop me a comment. Good luck, fellow TLC-ers!

2 comments:

Helene said...

This is such a great way to handle chores! I often put things off to because I don't like doing it, like laundry. But I like the idea of timing it so I have a better sense of how long it will take. That might make it easier to tackle and get done rather than put it off!

I can't wait for the warm weather! I love taking my kids for walks but our weather has been so ugly...can't wait for spring!

glitzen said...

Yes, I've done that before, and it does help! Like for the weirdest reason, I put off putting on my contacts each morning. I wear my glasses until I leave the house. And it only takes seconds to put them on! I dread it...I don't know why. Its so easy. I'm so lame! After wearing my glasses all morn, my eyes feel strange adjusting to my contacts. I should just put them on first thing!
My house is a pit. We had the busiest craziest weekend, and the house shows it. Now to square up my shoulders, make a list, and DIVE IN. I can do it! Thanks for your inspiration and ideas.:)