Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This post is part of a series titled "Twinmama's Lifestyle Challenge". For more information about how the challenge works, please visit related links here and here.

Week Eight: How Did It Go?

It was interesting to see how long it really takes me to perform certain tasks and how just a little bit of a commitment on a daily basis really helped to reduce much longer weekly chores. I plan on continuing to time my daily and weekly chores and put them into a schedule so they can be done on a regular basis and not interfere with my time with the girls, twindada and my job.

Week Nine...cue Mission: Impossible music...

Category?: Family

What?: Tame the laundry beast! After timing my chores last week, it has come to my attention that one of my time wasters is laundry. I need to focus on doing a little bit every day so that it doesn't pile up causing me to spend a large amount of time on it later in the week.

Why?:
Seeing laundry piled up in different spots is stressful! Plus, I am tired of going through a clean basket of clothes looking for something in particular. I have gotten myself into a bad habit of getting overwhelmed by the large amounts of laundry every week.

How Do We Go About Doing the Challenge?: Every morning, I will wash one load of laundry. I will do the laundry as early in the day as possible so that I do not wait until the afternoon when things get busy. I will wash, dry, fold and put away that one load of laundry and will not be tempted to do more. Eventually, I will only have one load of laundry every day and will work in towels, sheets and bedding as appropriate. Also, I will be mindful of clothing that doesn't have to be washed right away and hang up anything that can be worn again before washing.

Who Does the Challenge Include?: Me! (And the washer and dryer.)

Resources to Help:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/organized_forever/90326

TLC Weekly Challenges start on Mondays and continue indefinitely. I will post my results along with the following challenge next Sunday. Remember, you are invited to participate in my weekly challenge or create your own and tell me about it! Also, if you find better ways to accomplish a weekly challenge, please drop me a comment. Good luck, fellow TLC-ers!

2 comments:

Helene said...

You hit the nail on the head with this one!! That is my hugest problem...laundry! Not only do I dread it, but I tend to let it pile up so I spend the better half of the weekend picking up laundry from various places in the house, washing and drying, folding and putting away (putting away seems to be the biggest challenge!!).

I keep saying I'm gonna start doing a load a day and get it all done before the next day starts but then I just say "Oh, I'll start doing that next week" and then I never do!

So I'm gonna finally resolve to trying this on a daily basis and see how it goes! Hopefully it'll help both of us save time and major headaches!

I'm having a giveaway on my blog - I'd love it if you'd come check it out!

glitzen said...

Oh boy, my biggest PAIN in the neck issue! I like your idea. I used to have a routine where I started a load each morning. Well I'm very good at starting a load, and then its like it disappears out of my head for good. Ugh. I need to get a good system of doing the entire load, as you said. And not be tempted to start another. I will have to work on that one. My piles are many! :)