Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The State of TLC09

So, after my post last week and how it is time to re-prioritize stuff around here, you might have been wondering what in the world happened to Twinmama's Lifestyle Challenge. Never fear, it will return! In fact, it will be back this Sunday, but there is one major change to it. Instead of being a weekly challenge, it will now be monthly challenges.

I figure 52 new things to do in a year is pretty rough and the most realistic success rate for something like that is 5-10%. So, let's say we all were able to accomplish, say 10% of the tasks, then that would be about 5 of the challenges. Hmm...that just doesn't seem to be enough.

Instead, I will post a new challenge the first Sunday of every month and we will have a full month to practice it. This will make the challenges more do-able and help us to get into a "habit" of doing the new task. (I read somewhere that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit, so this schedule will fit right into it.)

So, sit tight and on Sunday, we will get back on that saddle! Can't wait!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I like the way you put that! One challenger per month is more my speed. I haven't lost any weight like I resolved in January to do . . . but I haven't gained any, either so there's that.

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Great idea, monthly challenges do seem more sustainable. You are such a great person and I really enjoy reading your blog. I especially enjoy reading about your life with the twins. ;) Twins are a blast.

Helene said...

I think one challenge a month is way more manageable!! Can't wait to see which challenge is next!