Monday, November 3, 2008

The Meme Game

Lip Zip tagged me for a meme several moons ago and I am finally getting around to posting mine. (Things get done slowly around here...)

The rules:

1- Link to the person who tagged you
2- Post the rules on your blog
3- Write 6 random things about yourself
4- Tag 6 more people
5- Let the taggees know they have been tagged
6- Let your tagger know when you have completed your meme

It look me a while to come up with 6 random things, but here you go...

1. I am green eyed and am left handed. Some researchers say that green eyes are the result of mutations that change the melanin structure of the eye. (Melanin is the pigment of the eye.) Though percentages differ depending on study, about 13% of the population is left handed.

This makes me a genetically rare mutant. How did I even spawn children?

2. My dream since I was a little girl was to be a writer. In elementary school, I attended young author's conferences several years in a row and also one in high school. I loved to write when I was younger and did so regularly. Finding the art of blogging only recently brought some of this childhood passion back to life for me. We will see where it goes.

3. My favorite color is black. Doesn't that sound so depressing?? Well, it's not really. I think of black as style, sophistication, sleek and simple. Think the little black dress or that sharp brand new black sports car. Black sports cars show classiness with a wild edge. (I should also mention that I don't own one of these.) Black is a slimming color. Enough said.

4. I secretly wish that I could live in the wine country of California. Twindada and I went to Napa Valley for our honeymoon and I have loved it ever since. Yeah, while I would be writing that great American novel (see #2), I would be sitting outside looking out over my vineyard, drinking a glass of wine (made from the grapes of my vineyard), laptop in front of me (okay, I like technology a little bit!) and chronicle about my life in such a gorgeous place. (Don't ask me who would be doing the work on the vineyard, I haven't figured that out yet. Twindada, I have a new job for you!)

5. My philosophy in life is that good always results from bad. I mean this one with all my heart though I pray that I am not tested on it again anytime soon. However, I truly think that no matter what bad things happen in our internal world or outside world, good will emerge from it. Sometimes it takes weeks, months, even years for us to find the good that resulted when life throws us a tragedy, but it will happen. Sometimes we may not be the ones that even see it, but rather our loved ones will reap the blessings. I truly know that God takes care of His children no matter what.

6. One book changed my course of thinking about frugality - Your Money Or Your Life. When Twindada and I first married, we were constantly running after the big dollar. We wanted to make as much as we could, have the brand new house, brand new cars and all the latest, greatest stuff. And then one day, we were tired, realized the hole we had dug ourselves into and then I was turned on to reading this book. It helped us to prioritize our life and what we really wanted. It was after this that I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up - a stay at home mom. That was a turning point for my family and we have continued to learn more about living simply and being financially wise. And in this day in age that is going to be the key to surviving our current economic state.

Whew! I did it! Okay, now I am supposed to pass this along to others. Now, this is part of my obligations for completing the meme, so if you lucky folks I picked don't want to participate, no problem.

1. Lip Zip - Sorry to tag you back, but there has to be 6 more random things that you can share with your readers!

2. The Mommy Machine

3. I'm Living Proof That God Has A Sense of Humor

4. It's Just the Everyday Humdrum That People Make It Out To Be

5. And So We Laugh

6. It Is Naptime

6 comments:

Unknown said...

:) Thanks for taggin me! I will do this tonight when I have more time to sit down and think about and who I will tag :)

Toni said...

Thanks for the tag! I will get it posted, hopefully this week!!!

Toni said...

p.s. Enjoyed reading your 6 things!

Kim said...

How in the world am I going to come up with SIX things about myself that don't have to do with my favorite foods?!

I can relate to #3. Now that the twins aren't spitting up all over me, black really does hide a multitude of sins. I basically wear a daily uniform of jeans with a black top.

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

My homework tonight is to come up with another 6 things. I'll post it for tomorrow. The first 6 were hard enough because I'm so uninteresting!

Anonymous said...

I finally got this posted! Sorry it took so long!!!

http://www.itisnaptime.com/2008/11/catch-up-catch-up-everybody-catch-up.html

Toni