This week, I am wrapping up 2008 with some reviews and awards. Each post will contain information about twinmama's picks for the year, so stayed tuned for a new topic each time.
On this final day of 2008, I wanted to share with you all my favorite posts from this year. Some of them are mine, but some of them are yours, too! For everyone that reads my blog, I am truly appreciative and there is a big reason that I hang out at your place, too. I am addicted to all of your blogs and enjoy reading about what is going on in your neck of the woods. So please accept my humblest gratitude (grovel, grovel) for sharing in my little world here in twinland.
Now, let the Bringing Up Twins list begin!
1. Our Walk (8/15/08) I think this post was the first time that I finally got into the groove of writing on my blog. I loved the experience of strolling around taking in the sights of my present and reflecting on my past.
2. They Won't Stop Dripping! (9/3/2008) This was my funny little way of categorizing various forms of snot. If you missed it, you just have to go check it out. Next time you have a round of colds in your house, then you will be prepared.
3. Thanks, Dad (12/15/2008) I received my highest number of comments on this post and I have to admit that I cried all the way through writing it. Although it was a recent post, it was one that I really liked.
Now. I have received a few awards over the past few months and I am so thankful for those! I wanted to do something special and do a "Bringing Up Twins" award, but I didn't think that anyone would want a BUT award. Hmm...so instead, I am offering my favorite posts from some of my favorite blogs and at the end I will tell you what you all won. (Hee Hee, brace yourself.)
1.Me....pregnant again? This HAS to be a joke, right? (12/11/2008) Helene at I'm Living Proof That God Has a Sense of Humor is a mother of TWO sets of twins. (That is four kids to those that are mathematically challenged.) Her posts are amazing, so it was really hard to pick just one, but this post literally had me holding my breath and about as nervous as you can get. You just have to read it to understand what I mean.
2. Tales from the Shower (9/2/2008) Jen at Happily-Ever-After-Land is so creative and hilarious. Her take on what it is like to take a shower while your toddler is on the loose is so on the mark! She has a humorous style to her writing that makes every post an enjoyable read. This post made me laugh so hard that I just had to show it to twindada who got a kick out of it, too.
3. Barbie vs. Bratz (11/21/2008) I struggled with what post to pick of Kim's at The Mommy Machine. She has an amazing sense of humor and very witty. She has four daughters and the youngest are twin girls, so she lives in the world of pink, too. Her comparison of Barbie and Bratz dolls had me laughing out loud - check it out!
There you have it! It was hard for me to just pick three blogs because I have a ton of favorite blogs that I frequent. I am looking forward to more entertaining and informative posts from my blogosphere posse.
Now, do you want to know what you all above won? Well...if you stroll on over to Bringing Up Twins you will notice this page is not available. Well, that is because I own it now! Whoo Hoo! I am the proud owner of www.bringinguptwins.com. I couldn't believe that it was available, but alas (there is that word again), it was and I snatched it up before someone else got the chance.
I know you are thinking, "okay, twinmama, what does this have to do with me?" Well, here is the vision. Come mid-late February after I have wrestled twindada to the ground to get it all set up, I plan on going live with my new site and saying goodbye to ole blogger. With the new site will come the same old posts you have seen from me along with some other features that I will talk about down the road. So, winners, you will receive a placement on my website!
Okay, it is not as exciting as you thought, sorry. We run on a very low budget here, we have twins, what do you expect?
So that is my wrap up for the year. Thanks for checking it out and a very blessed New Year to all of you!